Our Medication Delivery service is available to provide out-patients with a one-month supply of medications as prescribed. If your out-patient appointment has been deferred due to the current public health emergency, your prescription will be prepared by the clinic physician and sent directly to the Pharmacy Department for processing.
To place your order for repeat medications
- Complete the online form below or, call the Pharmacy Department at 536-4804 from Monday to Friday between 9:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. to place your order :
When making your request, provide the following information :
- The patient’s name
- The patient’s Barbados National Registration Number and QEH Hospital Number
- Preferred delivery address
- Two (2) current contact numbers
- Name of medication(s)
Out-patients are also reminded that medication delivery requests, must be placed at least three to five business days prior to the start date of the repeat medication.
- Order Delivery and Confirmation : Your order will be delivered to the address provided. On delivery you, (or those accepting on your behalf) must present your Barbados National Registration Card for verification and sign upon receipt of the package. You are advised to thoroughly examine the tamper proof envelope to ensure it is intact. In the event that the envelope is not sealed, please do not accept delivery of the package. Patients must also verify that they have received the correct medication and should not take any unfamiliar medication or dosages. Any concerns are to be immediately reported to the Pharmacy Department at 536-4804 or by completing our feedback form. Any concerns will be resolved within two business days.
Have questions about the service or your order?
If you have questions about the service or an order that you placed, click here to contact the Medication Delivery Service.