The Medical Records Department is the hub for the provision of medical information for The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the Ministry of Health and other stake holders relative to health care. The department’s services include :
- Out-patient appointment scheduling
- Facilitation of Medical and Police reports
- Admission of public patients, facilitation of deaths certificates.
- Preparing statistical and morbidity reports.
- Assisting in research projects upon request.
Hours of Operation
Main Medical Records: 8:15 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Central Admissions: 7:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Accident and Emergency: 24 hours daily
Fees : Barbadian nationals $375, Non-nationals $500
Please note : If the medical report is required for more than one consultation, each doctor must write a report on the condition and treatment each rendered. Therefore, a fee must be paid for each report required.
How long does it take : Requests for medical reports are processed in approximately three months. Please note that the processing time for Medical Reports may be extended due to:
- the unavailability of the doctor
- if multiple reports are required
- the patient has upcoming clinic appointments
Access Copy of Queen Elizabeth Hospital patient health records
Fees: Barbadian nationals $375, non-nationals $500
How long does it take : Between one to two weeks.
Proof of death certificates
How long does it take : Between one to two weeks
Insurance claims forms
Fees : $50/60.
Insurance claims forms must be obtained from your insurance company.
To facilitate the release of the body of a relative from the QEH to a funeral home:
- Contact your Funeral Director who will act on your behalf to schedule an appointment with the Medical Records Department to sign for the release of the deceased and to address any queries you may have.
- To facilitate the necessary arrangements, please provide the Funeral Director with photo identification card or passport of the deceased.
- A valid form of photo identification (National Id card, passport) of the next-of-kin who will sign for the release of the body must also be produced.
For any queries regarding this process or, to schedule an appointment for the release of a body, please contact the Medical Records Department, Death Section at 436-6450 Ext. 6269 from Monday through Friday between 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. or, via email at email@example.com. Appointments will be scheduled from Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M.
How to Apply
A completed and signed patient authorization form must be submitted to the Medical Records Department. This is mandatory except in cases where the patient is:
- a minor – the parent/guardian must provide consent on behalf of the patient.
- deceased – the next of kin who has signed for the release of the body must provide consent.
- mentally incapacitated – the legal guardian must provide consent on behalf of the patient.