On November 14, 2021, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the island’s premier public healthcare institution and…
The Board of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is inviting suitably qualified suppliers to submit proposals for the digitization of its medical records.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) is the leading provider of tertiary care for Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean. The institution is also an accredited teaching hospital affiliated with the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus.
The QEH carries a bed capacity of 536, with leading in-patient and out-patient services in the specialties of Medicine, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology and Orthopedics. For the last three years (3) the average annual in-patient admissions number 15,859; the average number of cases seen in the out-patient clinics number 93,531; the average number of emergency visits have been 38,265.
At the center of a healthcare provider’s information and financial systems is the medical record, the principal document for patient treatment, legal evidence, quality care and outcome research. Its importance and versatile nature makes the medical record the most often requested and reviewed document within a healthcare environment, both during and after a patient encounter. However, despite its importance, the QEH medical record remains paper-based. The Queen Elizabeth Hospital is requesting proposals from suitably qualified suppliers to perform the digitization of its medical records.
The QEH is committed to providing quality healthcare services and requires digitization of approximately twenty million, three hundred and sixty thousand, four hundred and sixty (20,360,460) pages front and back. This represents an estimated number of active patient records from 2017-2019. The need for digitization is in an effort to:
- Ensure access information when and where needed;
- Eliminate lost or misfiled paper-based documents and records;
- Provide faster access to image-based documents and information;
- Reduce onsite paper-based filing storage space requirements and utilisation of off-site storage;
- Reduce labour intensive tasks such as record retrieval, routing and re-filing.
How to submit your proposal
- Download and review the RFP – Digitization of Medical Records Brief here :
(PDF Reader required)
- The completed offer submission forms for the technical and financial offers must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked as follows:
PROPOSAL FOR THE DIGITIZATION OF MEDICAL RECORDS AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITALQEH/2020/EC-001
- Deadline for Submission : The envelope should only be marked with the name of the Proposal for which you are submitting, to reach no later than 4:30 pm Friday 15th January, 2021. Proposals received after this date shall not be considered.
Any queries should be submitted in writing via email to the Administrative Officer II at firstname.lastname@example.org