The QEH wishes for members of the public to be aware of the updated mask-wearing…
The Board of Management of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital wishes to advise the public that there have been several changes to its restricted visitation policy.
Drop off / Collection of Personal Care Items
While visitation privileges continue to be suspended for most patients, provision will continue to be made for a single relative or caregiver to drop-off toiletries and fresh laundry and collect soiled linen at a drop-off and pick up point located in the hospital’s main lobby. Drop offs and collections will be facilitated between 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. twice weekly as follows:
- Patients on the A floor (Wards A1, A2 , A5, A6 and the High Dependency Unit i.e. HDU) – Tuesdays and Fridays ONLY
- Patients on the B floor (Wards B1, B2 , B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, and B8) – Wednesdays and Saturdays ONLY
- Patients on the C floor (Wards C1, C2 , C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, and C8, C9, C10 and C12) – Thursdays and Sundays ONLY
Parcels for delivery must be packaged in clearly labeled bags with the full name of the patient and the ward on which they are hospitalized printed in block letters for e.g. JANE B DOE, WARD B7. This new system will take effect from Friday, February 5, 2021.
Continued Suspension of Visiting Hours
The following categories of patients continue to be exceptions to the restricted visitation policy.
- Patients receiving palliative care and end-of-life care.
- Pregnant patients who are in active labour.
- Very ill patients who will be identified by the Department of Nursing Services.
- Paediatric patients. A parent or guardian will be allowed to stay with these patients around the clock.
Visitation to these categories of patients will now be facilitated once daily either between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m., or 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.; and will continue to be limited to a single visitor per patient for the duration of each patient’s stay. These individuals will be provided with a special pass which must be presented to security along with a valid form of ID. In cases of urgencies and emergencies, special permission to visit must be sought through the Nursing Office by calling 436-6450 Ext 6282 or 6283.
We fully acknowledge that the visitation restrictions listed above will be difficult for patients and their loved ones but this is a necessary safety precaution to minimize the risk of potential exposure to COVID-19. In an effort to keep family members abreast of any developments, our nursing staff will provide regular/daily updates on the patient’s condition to one designated member of the family. Additionally, direct communication via telephone or virtually will be facilitated for patients who are able to engage with family and friends via these means.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Board of Management thanks you for your usual support and cooperation, and reminds all persons visiting the QEH that all COVID-19 protocols remain in effect.