The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) is a Statutory Corporation and is charged with the responsibility for the provision of high quality patient care, as the country’s primary acute care medical facility. The QEH has begun the transformation of its people, processes and product delivery towards becoming a truly patient-centred institution. As part of this process, we are seeking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and transformational leader to join the Hospital’s Management team as Director, Financial Services. Committed individuals who are interested in a challenging yet highly rewarding professional opportunity are encouraged to apply.
The individual will be required to provide strategic and operational financial and procurement leadership, direction and expertise to the Board of Management of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in addition to, the day-to-day management of the operations of the Finance and Procurement Departments. Will also be responsible for directing and coordinating the financial and management accounting, internal controls, financial and statistical reporting, budget maintenance, and coordination of the audit process functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A professional qualification in Accounting recognized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados and not less than ten (10) years’ relevant experience, three (3) of which must be post qualification.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the use of Management in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of the annual QEH operational budget.
- Direct and monitor fiscal operations for compliance with the approved budget.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate the cost, budget, audit and general ledger activities for the QEH.
- Manage purchasing and procurement activities of capital equipment and vendor contracts to ensure a consistent level of supplies and materials.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy;
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll;
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate;
- Manage the implementation of procurement policies and procedures;
- Manage collaboration with the management team to ensure accurate forecasting and inventory planning;
- Ensure the that material flows are managed to guarantee inventory is maintained to the optimum support level;
- Ensure that purchasing is in line developments in the market with respect to price changes, methods of delivery and changes, in order to effect cost effectiveness.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Superior knowledge of the theories, concepts and principles of accounting, budgeting and financial management.
- Excellent knowledge of financing and purchasing management processes, systems and control techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic planning and implementation.
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of and skilled in the use accounting programs.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive set of financial management policies, procedures and internal controls for accounting, budget, debt, operations and procurement;
- Ability to manage a diverse group of personnel.
Applications must include certified copies of qualifications and professional registration.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged
For further information and details, please contact the Human Resources Department at 260-0036 extension: 6332/6401.
To apply for this role :
- Download and complete the QEH Application for Employment form (PDF)
- Submit your completed form along with your cover letter and other requested supporting documentation as outlined in the form to any of the following :
- By email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by post to:
Director, Human Resources
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Martindales Road, St. Michael BB11155