skip to Main Content
Back To Top
What Should I Know Before Giving Blood?
- You must be between the ages of 17 and 70.
- You must be in a healthy condition – no existing infections
- Diabetics are eligible if they are controlled by diet or oral medication. Diabetics who use insulin are not eligible to donate.
- Persons with hypertension are eligible as long as their blood pressure is within a reasonable reading at the time of the donation. (This will be determined by the blood-collecting technician).
- There must be no history of jaundice are age 11.
- You must have a meal (a sandwich or a cooked meal) and plenty of fluids within an hour prior to donation.